10.26.2008

The 4 day saga.

Today, I will write about what I did since Thursday morn. Lets begin!


Thursday: So I'm at home. Watching my brothers. I get a call from my cousin. Following conversation ensues.

Me:Yo.
Him: Are you going today? (There was a show that i wanted to go to for 2 months, but didn't have the money.)
Me: No, no cash.
Him: Awww.. youre fuckin up.
Me: (blah blah)
Him: (blah blah)

And we hang up.

He calls me a few minutes later.

Him: how much money do you have?
Me: like 15 bucks. (show was 25)
Him: ill spot.

Fuck yeah!

So me, my brother, my 2 cousins, my cousins girlfriend, and his 2 friends get in a car, and we trek it to downtown LA. Quite the mission from Valencia, if ya ask me. We stock up on Arizona Green Tea (the shit) and McDonalds (shit) and sit in a car for a while. We get there, and its a LOOOOONG line to wait. Went around the block n stuff. So me and my brother go to buy our tickets, and wait in line. Sweet.

We get in about half an hour later. We find a good spot, and me and my cousins from whos name I can't remember find a better spot in front of the stage in the pit. First band up, A Skylit Drive. I got to see Jag. Hes got long hair. They played an OK set. They didn't play my favorite songs by them, so I was kinda let down. Alot of people didn't know them. Shame.

Next band was Alesana. Holy fucking christ they are amazing live. I was in the pit for them too. They started of with this. Amazing. Gdamn. They usually wear all black. This time, they decided to surprise everyone and wear white. An amazing amazing set. The pit was insane. Alesana is who I wanna be like.

Escape the Fate. My my my. What can I say? Robert Ortiz (the drummer) came out with a pimp robe and a diamond studded cup. Looks a lot like Slash, eh? Played a good set, didn't play This War is Ours though. I fucking love that song. During the Guillotine, some BIG guy hit me, and got a black eye. Pictures at the end.

Oh my fucking god Silverstein. They were just amazing. Isn't it great when a band from Canada comes to LA, has an amazing show, not only with a bigger sound than the other bands before, but with sick lights too? Holy crap they were the band that made it worth my money. This was their set closer. Imagine that, but better. I didn't expect them to be THAT good.

Chiodos closed the show. Not much to write. They were just as good as Silverstein. Sick. Sick. Sick. But I liked Silverstein better only because I knew their songs.

So that was Thursday. Fucking awesome.

Friday-Saturday: Dont remember.

Sunday: Dont remember. I make french toast. Pics are to ensue NOW! eventually. Camera just broke.

-End.

No comments: